Our Women’s Branch is a network of women across Battle and Bexhill CLP led by our new Women’s Officer, Pippa Boreham. As your representative on the Executive Committee, the Women’s Officer attends Executive Committee meetings to ensure women have a voice in areas such as, policy, strategic direction, and campaigning.
Why have a Women’s Branch?
The inequalities experienced by women, from the gender pay gap to WASPI women, not to mention the additional pressures and burdens placed on women during the COVID pandemic make it even more important we come together. Our Women’s Branch provides us with the opportunity to share our talents, skills and enthusiasm to enable us to better address the challenges and social inequalities faced by women day in day out.
What can a Women’s Branch do?
- Listen to your ideas and views and provide a welcoming environment
- Create opportunities for Branch members’ participation within the party
- Promote issues you care about
- Engage with women’s campaigns within the party and in the community
- Hold a range of meetings and training events
- Pursue fundraising opportunities
- When appropriate, to meet in person for coffee mornings and other social gatherings.
- Keep in touch with each other through a dedicated Women’s Branch WhatsApp group
- Encourage more women to join the Labour Party
These are some initial ideas of how we could develop the Branch, however, we have created a short survey, through which we hope to capture your thoughts and ideas for what you would like to see offered by your Women’s Branch. Click the button below to participate (only 5mins) by 31st January 2022.
Women’s inclusion and participation in political life is more important than ever. Locally, we are fortunate to have Labour Cllr Christine Bayliss (Bexhill Central Ward) as a strong voice in Cabinet on Rother District Council (RDC). Your Women’s Branch will support more local women member’s to stand for office at the County, District and Town Council level. If you think this might be something you would be interested in finding out more about, get in touch.
Feel free to contact Pippa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, queries or ideas how you would like our Branch to develop.